|Hello my dear friend,|
Water is the topic of conversation this week. Water is the elixir of life.
We cannot survive without it. Our body is over 70% water and hydration is necessary. But, do you know that water has healing properties that go way beyond hydration. The wonderful information in this email is from an article provided by Dr. Laura Koniver (with my commentary added here and there).
Here are a few examples of a body with dehydration. Have you ever experienced a few of these symptoms?
High blood pressure
Digestive issues- dry mucous membranes equals decreased absorption
Urinary tract infections
Here is a good rule of thumb… if you don’t feel right, drink a glass (or two) of water and see how you feel. Even better, stay hydrated and avoid a lot of these ailments.
Here is a list of 10 ways to use water to improve your health:
1. Begin and end every day with a big glass of water. I have found I sleep better if I drink water before I go to bed. The first thing I have done for several years now is start my day with water. I usually drink a quart of water before I get to work in the morning.
2. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry. Most of us confuse thirst for hunger. Drink water first and if you are truly hungry then eat, but you have helped your hydration status too.
3. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables with every meal. This is a great way to hydrate while you eat.
4. Use an unrefined sea salt when you cook. Trace minerals are found in sea salt and are essential to the body’s function. You need enough minerals in your diet so you can absorb and retain the right amount of water.
5. Switch from soda to sparkling water. Avoid the sugar, sugar alternatives and chemicals that are found in soda and still get your carbonation fix.
6. Allow tears! Never hold them back. Tears help encourage the flow of emotions and allow us to release tension stored in the body.
7. Sweat it out with vigorous exercise but be sure to replace the fluid lost in sweating. Drink water, not a sports drink.
8. Take a long hot detoxing bath with Epsom salt or apple cider vinegar. Let your stressors flow down the drain.
9. Use a humidifier. Moist air keeps our mucous membranes healthier.
10. Drink water with the intention of healing.
(A word about Fluoride… if it is added to your city water, filter it out. It is SO NOT good for you and that is all I am going to say about it. If you need a good water system, please talk to me.)
Drink the elixir of life and feel better.
Much love and gratitude!
P.S. You will know where every restroom is too. That is a good thing!